"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 28, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This past long weekend found me
out of town on a business trip with my husband.
What's a girl to do while the meetings are going on?
Sit and enjoy the gorgeous views
while sewing binding on two quilts!
My "Mardi Gras" quilt is finished!


For someone who really does not like purple,
I LOVE this quilt!


The backing really shows off the quilting.
My Long Arm Quilter did a beautiful job.

Too big for the design wall, so...
It's on the Design Floor.


The other quilt I was able to finish was
"Christmas Crossing."


As frustrating as this quilt was to make,
I am so pleased with the results.

This will be a fun quilt to pull out at Christmas.

And I still Love this backing fabric!


On my Design Wall this week is another baby quilt.
This one will be donated to a group my church supports.

It is bright and bold and fun!!


I have a couple two more rows of blocks to sew
and then will redistribute the blocks to even out the
colors some... if possible!

This quilt was made with a charm pack and a jelly roll.


OH... my husband LOVED his quilt I made him for our anniversary!
 :)


Visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating this week.

Happy Quilting!



12 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your anniversary quilt, makes me smile!

Sandra said...

Love the Mardi Gras quilt. The scrappiness of the purples and greens makes it interesting while the use of one purple for the center squares keeps it from being too busy. So happy to hear your honey appreciated your anniversary quilt!

Libby in TN said...

"Charming" baby quilt -- so happy. Glad to know your husband appreciated your tribute quilt.

Rhonda said...

Isn't it great to get in some form of sewing even when out of town. Love all your quilts!!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

All of your quilts are wonderful! Your anniversary quilt is awesome!!

AnnieO said...

Lots of variety in your sewing world! The two big quits are terrific. Love the anniversary quilt!

Ruth said...

Your anniversary quilt made me smile too and I really like the vibrant colours in the baby quilt. Congrats on finishing 2 quilts on your break away!

Nancy said...

I am exactly with you on the purple quilt. It is not my color -- but this quilt is fabulous! But my favorite of the three in this post is the red and green Christmas quilt. I love red and green together any time of the year and wouldn't hesitate to have this out in spring, summer or fall, too. I love it!

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful projects - and so diverse!
Sure do love your anniversary quilt :-)

Anonymous said...

very pretty, quilting and your piecing. I love the purples, too.

Lin's Quilts said...

I'm with you on purple, but I ended up really liking my purple triangle quilt. Purple is not my color of choice, but I wanted to try something different.
I enjoyed your blog.
Lin
linsquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am not a big purple fan but your Mardi Gras quilt is fabulous! Your Christmas quilt is amazing too. Beautiful!