"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 14, 2014

Applique is coming along....

This past week I was able to get
quite a bit done on this
Anniversary gift for my husband.



This just makes me smile!
And this is my husband and me....
I'm a little "fluffy" (or maybe a lot!)...
my husband is more than little bald...
(This guy will have a little hair when he is finished.)
and we LOVE the beach...



I've had this pattern for a long, long time
and am glad I am finally getting it made.
Flowers will be added to her hat
and a few things will be added to the sand.


I did learn a new trick while making this quilt.
To get the shadowing on the skin,
the pattern author suggested using a 
marker and a small paint brush.


I rubbed the paint brush on the marker
and then dabbed some of this onto a scrap piece of fabric,
like you would when stenciling.
After this I dabbed it where the shadowing marks were on the pattern.


You can see the faint shadowing just under her hat,
along her bathing suit bottom line and
along the knees.
It adds just enough.

Hopefully the applique will be finished this week and 
I can get the quilting done next week.

Visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating!

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I love this! What a joyous piece! Will it be a wall hanging? It will surely bring a smile every time you and he look at it.

Sue Daurio said...

What a wonderful piece! You're turning it into an outstanding work of art with that shading. Gorgeous!!

Libby in TN said...

I just want to jump right in with them. Too cute!

Melinda said...

This is going to be a wonderful gift. Love it!

Judy D in WA said...

Oh My Gosh this is fabulous! How can you not smile when you see this.
Is this pattern sill available? I would love to try my hand at it.

mkhquilts said...

Cute Cute Cute!!!