In my last post I mentioned being four blocks short
for the Log Cabin Quilt I am making.
Even though I had counted the blocks several times,
I hadn't made enough for the quilt.
After looking everywhere the blocks could have been,
and not finding the missing blocks
I realized I would have to make four more.
They went together pretty quickly, since I was only making four!
They are finished and ready to be added to the rows.
As I was getting ready to sew these blocks into rows,
I was worried about getting them turned or in the wrong place.
I had laid the quilt out on the floor and picked the blocks up in
piles of each individual row.
Then I remembered that I had these pins...
These were purchased years ago and sure come
in handy when sewing big quilts together.
I used pins to keep the squares in the right order
while sewing them into to rows.
I also put a pin with the row number into each
sewn row, so they won't get in the wrong order.
No one wants a log cabin quilt
with out of whack rows!
Now I can begin sewing the rows together
and finish this top.