"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, December 16, 2016

Ornaments and Things

Last year my sister and I decided to do an ornament exchange
with our families instead of buying gifts.
For the past few weeks I have been on the lookout for
ornaments to give to them and was not having any luck.
Then I remembered that I had two wool ornament kits
in my cabinet that I had not yet made.

Perfect!


I put the finishing touches on these tonight
and will wrap them tomorrow.
These kits are Primitive Gathering kits I had purchased
a couple of years ago.


Our Christmas tree is one of my favorite things about Christmas.
 It is loaded with ornaments, a lot of which were handmade by family, friends and me 
or purchased on trips we've taken.
I love to remember the people who made them or where we bought them as I
decorate the tree.




You can see the yoyo garland that wraps the tree in this photo.
I made yards and yards of it one year.



These guys brighten up the corner counter in my kitchen,
waiting to be used for coffee or tea.


Next are some of the Bucilla kits I've made over the past
few years to brighten the holiday.

 

Our Advent Tree hangs on a door.
(Command Hooks are wonderful things!)
I need to sew a pocket onto the back of the tree
to hold all of the pieces waiting to be placed on the front.
Until then, they are all on the front of the tree.



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there."


"Merry Christmas to all
and to all a good night."

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

What a colorful Christmas you will have, loved seeing so many of your decorations! I spied a giraffe ornament!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have needed a ladder to decorate the top of your tree, How tall is it?

Needled Mom said...

Your home looks so festively decorated for Christmas. I love the tree with all the memories added. I can't imagine how long it took you to make all of those yo yos for the garland!!!!

Sara said...

Your tree is gorgeous! Mine is much like yours - full of unique ornaments either made by the kids, by me, by friends, purchased on trips, etc. I give each family a new ornament each year and give each grandchild a new ornament each year. Lots of great memories on our trees.

Libby in TN said...

The wreath is my favorite. I have a collection of ornaments my MIL made each year, many of them dated. If I don't do anything else, I get those ornaments on the tree.

Debbie said...

Sweet!!! My pets would have a field day with all your wonderful ornaments! My tree has slowly become un-decorated...the bottom third only has lights on it and those might come down too! Love seeing all these gorgeous Bucilla pieces. Thank you.

kupton52 said...

Just beautiful! "Someone" has been busy over the years!

Warm Quilts said...

Yo-yo garland - how sweet is that! Your tree is lovely but those stockings "hung by the chimney with care" are adorable.

Julie said...

Another great group of decorations! My tree would be a lot like yours if it was up! I collect ornaments when traveling and have many made or gifted to me from over the years. What fun! I have yet to finish my first Bucilla kit...