"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's Beginning to Look....

A lot Like Christmas!

My decorating is finished and the mess is put away,
so my house is pretty much in order.
I love to decorate for Christmas and have collected a lot
of things over the years.
Many have been given to me by family and friends
and a lot of them are hand-made.



Years ago my parents started giving me a Frykman Santa
each year for Christmas.
I love how whimisical and happy they are.




These Santas are made by a woman in Ohio.
She makes them out of old quilts and wool blankets
and adds vintage trinkets to them, too.

 I found these bottle brush trees at Target this year!




I made "Noel" on the left a couple of years ago
from a kit. Her buddy was purchased at some point.
The quilt on the back of the chair is the
Friendship Star quilt with wool baskets
I made last year.


Here are more of my Santas made from old quilts.
The turquoise Santa and the green and turquoise tree are made from a vintage Italian blanket.
The woman who makes these puts this information on the tags,
which I leave attached and tucked to the back.
My sister crocheted my little trees.


Years ago I made the pomander balls and they still smell so good.
I need to get some greenery to add to my bowl, but it's been raining here.



My husband has collected Santa Golfers for years, too.
(Or maybe I should say I have collected them for him!)
They sit on a shelf in our family room.
 

These Cross-stitched Santas were made over 30 years ago
when I was in my cross stitching phase.
 

This cabinet stores a lot of my smaller quilts
and is a great display for my milk glass pieces.
 

My Christmas cactus is blooming for the first time!

Now to get the Christmas cards finished and mailed.

Happy Day!!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your Christmas collections! that is part of the fun of Christmas isn't it. I have had my Christmas cactus's for 2 years now and no blossoms - I hope one year they will.

kupton52 said...

Well if I weren't in a Christmas-y mood before I am now! lol....your decorations are just lovely. Those Santas made from quilts are especially nice...what a great idea for cutter quilts. My favorite "piece" though is your lovely antique cabinet. I love the chicken wire front. A cousin of mine did the same thing with a smaller kitchen cabinet she has. I have my husband's grandparents pie safe. It has many layers of paint...I can see white, brown and green layers but I had the tin punched doors stripped years ago. Hopefully, one day I can restore the whole cabinet. As I love yard sales, thrift shops and antique stores I'm going to be on the lookout for a smaller cabinet of my own---and in my own way will "borrow" another great Ramona idea with the chicken wire. lol.....Merry Christmas...thank you for sharing. Stay warm...it's 17 degrees here today with a windchill of 1.

Debbie said...

Loved getting to see your decorations! What a cool cabinet for displaying your quilts and other collectibles. But where are the stockings??? Are all the Bucilla ones gifts for others?

Libby in TN said...

I get the distinct impression you love all things Christmas! So lovely.

Sara said...

Your décor is delightful - especially the Santa collection. Enjoy the season!

Needled Mom said...

I love seeing all of the different collections of Santas. Your home looks so pretty. It would be fun to walk around and look in every corner of the decorations.

Julie said...

I love all your collections! What fun! I almost have the urge to go dig into my many tubs of decorations, but I will wait until next year! Beautiful arrangements!