"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Advent Calendar

On Black Friday my daughter and I went to
one of our local quilt shops for some early morning deals.
This is the daughter who has banned me from making her
any more quilts....
unless she sees something she likes and wants.

:D

Hanging on the wall was this
Advent Calendar.
My daughter really liked it,
so the panel was found and purchased.


I haven't used a panel to make anything before,
but this was easy.
 

I had to cut out the pockets from one panel,
press 1/4" under on all four sides,
top stitch the top of the pocket,
place it on the second panel and stitch it down,
layer it with the backing batting,
quilt it,
bind it
and Voila!

The pockets are ready to be filled!
 

This daughter LOVES Charlie Brown.
I had this fabric in my stash and used it on the back.

Hopefully it will be mailed tomorrow.  

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

What a fun quilt! My Son-2 is a Charlie Brown fan, too.

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute and I LOVE the Charlie Brown fabric for the back.