"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Monday!

I hope everyone had a peaceful and joyous Christmas Day yesterday.
My daughter and her boyfriend were here for the weekend
and left this morning.
It was a wonderful Christmas for us because we were together.

 I didn't do any sewing over the weekend since they were here,
but I've been playing a bit this afternoon.



Before Christmas I found a pile of "left over" pieces from a
quilt I made a while ago and decided to make pot holders.


These went into stockings and a couple of gift bags.

Who can't use new pot holders??



I was able to sew Clue #5 of En Provence
this afternoon.
This clue was easy peasy..... makes me a bit concerned about the next clue. 

:D 


I hope we won't need too much more of the dark purple.
Otherwise, I'll have to purchase some as I am almost out.
I'm not a huge fan of purple and had very little in my stash.

A tray full of fabric clues.

Have a wonderful week.
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

gayle said...

You've got some gorgeous purples - especially for someone who's not a huge fan! (On the other hand, I love purple and welcome any excuse to buy more!)
I'm anxiously awaiting the next clue - still two colors to go!

Judy D in WA said...

Love your potholders. It's always so fun for me to have special ones. Quilty potholders make me smile. :)
Your clues look great. I'm so close to being complete with clue 5. I think 20 left to press and trim. Can't wait for the next clue...I hope we get to use our greens.

maggie fellow said...

great idea for potholders and your en provence is beautiful purples

Needled Mom said...

Who couldn't use new potholders - especially when they are as pretty as those?

It was really nice to get an easy clue on Friday with the busy weekend. My purples are running out too so I hope we switch to yellows and greens soon.

Vicki in MN said...

I am loving your purple half sq. tri's-but I love purple! Great way to use up scraps in the potholders! I am looking forward to returning to normal and pedal to the metal!!

Churn Dash said...

Now that I have a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the go I am worried about what the next clue will bring. I wonder if we will get the final clues this year?

The pot holders are great. It reminds me of a story that a national teacher that the American Sewing Guild brought to this area told. She was teaching a class at a high school near her and couldn't understand why one of her classes was full. The kids were not thinking of the kitchen when they thought of pot holders, too funny.

Helen

englishquilter said...

At first glance your potholders looked like a pile of quilts and made me think of the Princess and the Pea! MQ coming on well!

Julie said...

What fun potholders! Good for you on keeping up with the clues on the mystery. I am so very curious on this one!