"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, December 5, 2016

Confetti Finish

There will be two new little ones born in my extended family
in the next month and a half
and BOTH baby quilts are finished!

Last night I put the finishing stitches in Confetti.


This quilt was made with Ombre fabrics,
going from light to dark across the fabric.


I made this quilt with 1/8yd cuts of 7 Ombre colors.
Each color was trimmed to 4 1/2" strips and then cut into 2 1/2" bricks.
Then each brick was paired with a white brick of the same size.
It is quilted with straight line quilting along the zig zag lines.


Now it just needs a baby!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am excited to say that I have the first two clues
of Bonnie Hunter's mystery finished!


This nice little pile of four patches was created
as I was chain piecing them.

The parts are ready for Clue #2. 


Divided into piles of 10 blocks each.

Ready for clue #3!

Today I'm linking to Patchwork Times and to the 
En Provence link up page.

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

Churn Dash said...

Confetti looks great, the straight line quilting really goes well with the blocks.

Your mystery blocks look far tidier than mine. It's a good feeling to have the blocks made, isn't it?

Helen

swooze said...

I was thinking of using red too. I'm reading back to find your color choices now...

Libby in TN said...

Great idea to use ombre fabric in Confetti and obviously you managed to keep your colors organized along the way. Seeing your neat circle of 4Ps, it doesn't surprise me!

Needled Mom said...

I loved seeing that little pile of 4 patch blocks on the floor! You are doing great keeping up with the steps. I'm still finishing up step one.

Confetti turned out so well. It is a perfect baby quilt and looks so cuddly.

I am having a problem responding to you on the comments you leave on my blog. My AOL has been giving me fits for the last few weeks. I do enjoy each comment you leave me.

Vireya said...

You obviously have this mystery under control!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that confetti quilt is great!! and yay - good work on the mystery clues!!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Such Beautiful fabrics Ramona.

Vicki in MN said...

That is a fabulous pic of the 4 patches on the floor!! No baking in your future with your blocks all neatly stacked on the cookie sheet;-)

Pamelyn's Postings said...

Your scrappy look is wonderful! The magenta really pops next to the neutrals.
Pamelyn

Ginny said...

Wow, your baby quilts are terrific! And I love the magenta you are using in Bonnie's quilt too. It's gonna be great.

Jayne said...

Babies!! Love the rainbow quilt, because you just can't go wrong with rainbows!

straythreads said...

the confetti quilt really turned out nice!!! great job on the quilting too.
Are you always so organized? Even you 4 patches made a nice neat doughnut of a pile. Look forward to seeing the mystery unfold.
Ann

Lara B. said...

That is such a neat way to do the edge treatment on a rail fence quilt. Confetti is the perfect name.
LOL, Ramona, how did you get your chain pieced pile to spiral down so perfectly?

Kate said...

Confetti turned out beautifully! Congrats on a bright and fun finish. Wow, I'm envious that you are already caught up and ready for clue 3!