"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 22, 2016

Playing with Blocks

I finished sewing the blocks for the baby quilt I'm making,
but cannot decide how to lay these blocks out for the quilt.

Do I lay them out in groups of four of the same blocks?



I really like how the centers look like hearts in a ring.




Or do I lay them out in a totally random setting?





My eye jumps so much with these random settings,
so I am leaning to the more controlled setting.

These blocks went together so quickly using this tutorial.


Hopefully it will be a completed baby quilt soon!

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

straythreads said...

Wow Great blocks!! and so cheerful in this long dreary winter! I like the blocks in groups of four but then I like some things orderly. The random arrangement is fun too. Thanks for the link I need to sew 4 baby quilts this year so far.
have a great week
Ann

Podunk Pretties said...

So colorful and happy. I'm a beauty in chaos kinda gal so the random really strikes my fancy.

Unknown said...

I'm such a scrappy quilter that I am drawn to the random blocks. But I know you prefer something with a little "more order." I do love the happy fabric. A big departure from all the reproduction I normally work with.

Libby in TN said...

As a quilter, I found myself trying to "understand" the groups of four but was able to simply enjoy the random setting. The baby won't care, so do what makes you happy.

Julie said...

For me I love the random settings. There is just something very cheerful about the randomness. I'm sure the baby won't care one way or the other! The fabrics are very cute.

Needled Mom said...

That's a great block. I vote for the random look.

Churn Dash said...

Lovely blocks. Although I love scrappy quilts, the order and hearts in the non-scrappy version I find more attractive.

Just to be different!

Helen