"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Picnic Quilt

The other day I blogged about
receiving two boxes of colored jeans
from my brother and sister-in-law.

I spent part of a snow day cutting the jeans
with my Accuquilt Go! cutter
and started making the first quilt.

At first I didn't think this would be a fun quilt to make,
but it ended up being lots of fun!
And Funky!!


After cutting circles from the jeans,
I used two charm packs I was given called
"Poems From Pebbles"
for the centers.
It sure brightened up the jeans even more!


Won't this be fun at a picnic?
Or the Beach?
 

Two goofs.... two yellow and two black circles are next
to each other.
:)

It isn't my best sewing,
especially with the stretchy fabric of
some of the jeans,
but it will be fun to use.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

I just love it Ramona!!! No one would ever know those were jeans fabrics unless up close - so bright and happy!!!

Sara said...

It's very cute! And since it is sturdy with the denim it should make a great picnic/ball game kind of quilt. Or just for everyday usage. My kids loved the blue jean quilt I made. And now that I think about it I wonder which one of them has "borrowed" that old blue jean quilt for their own house.

Libby in TN said...

You're a miracle worker. It turned out so cute!

straythreads said...

Great quilt such fun funky colors. We need that this time of year.

Needled Mom said...

What a fabulous picnic quilt!!! I love all of the happy colors.

Paige said...

Wow, those are jeans? What a transformation! I didn't even notice the blocks of the same color side by side until you mentioned it! Great quilt!

Sarah @ Georgia Girl Quilts said...

Love this- great colors!

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to use no longer wanted jeans. Does the quilt go to your brother's family? (Do i have the right relative??) I really like the design on this. I can see this in all sorts of different fabrics.

Michelle said...

That is a wonderful quilt! I love all the colored denim. You make me want to go sew my own!

Sue Daurio said...

what a wonderfully fun quilt! I love all the colors and patterns!!