"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Playing with Reds and Pinks...

A couple of years ago I saw a quilt on someone's blog and
Fell in Love!
It was all different fabrics from pinks to reds
and it was English Paper Pieced.
I was going to make one,
but needed to collect the fabrics.
So....
the collection began.

A few weeks ago I came to the realization that I would 
NEVER make that quilt for which I was collecting these fabrics.
Time to come up with another plan.

There is something so calming and peaceful about a quilt
full of nine patches or 16 patch squares.
I began to cut and sew and play with these fabrics.


Ready to pin and sew together.


These are the blocks I've sewn so far.



There is one extra strip after cutting the four strips for each block.
I'll sew them all together and make a little table mat or something.

More play time ahead!

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Simple is almost always best. I'm loving this one.

Libby in TN said...

Red's my color! I like the simplicity of what you're doing.

canuckquilter said...

Those fabric + 16-patches = one lovely quit. I don't know what the original idea was but I'm loving this simple one.

Jayne Honnold said...

Great decision! This is beautiful! Anxious to see your finish.

Needled Mom said...

That looks so pretty. There is something special about red and white.

Anonymous said...

I love making 16 patch blocks. These are lovely!

swooze said...

Yummy! On point setting?

Vicki in MN said...

It's gonna be beautiful, perhaps it was meant to be that you never made the other one! I love the on point setting ;-)

Julie said...

That is very pretty. What a great use for the fabrics.