"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, August 30, 2019

Sea Life

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?
For a while I had been looking for a pattern
for this fabric with a big print.
Cutting it up into small pieces
would not have done it justice.

One day I was cruising the internet and found the 
perfect pattern for this fabric.
I pulled other fabrics to go along with it and made the top.

"Sea Life" is now a finished quilt!
I am super pleased with this finish
and never dreamed it would turn out so well.






 I thought and thought about how I was going to quilt 
Sea Life and then one day it came to me....
just use a simple grid.
The fabrics speak for themselves in this quilt.





My husband cannot believe I am giving this one away.
:)
 My friend, who lives at the beach, will love it
and it goes with the color scheme in her bedroom.

 


I stitched the quilting lines 2 1/2" apart in the grid.

 


There may be enough of this fabric left to make another quilt.
Maybe my husband will get one, too.



(I need to find some taller quilt holders!)

"Sea Life" is a finish and is ready for gifting.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely to let the fabric shine with the great blocks used as sashing. Looks wonderful

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think it turned out great and lets the fabric design show which is good!

Rebecca said...

Yep you nailed it lady...
That pattern and that fabric look like they where made for each other!
wow ... 2 ocean quilts in a row (on the blog at least) and each so different in color and tone.
Neat!

Libby in TN said...

Perfect pattern for that fabric. Great job!

Vicki in MN said...

Good things can come out of waiting! I'd say you found the perfect pattern for this fabric. Quilters are a generous bunch:)

Sandy said...

It's awesome!!! I love the design and the colors. Your friend is going to be thrilled to get this gift. What a bonus for you to have enough left to make a 2nd one. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog and thought I'd pop over to say hi. I always love finding new blog friends. and Will add you to my blog list.