"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 26, 2019

Under the Sea Finish

My Hidey Hole has gotten out of control again.
I had done so well for a while,
keeping things neat and organized
and having my piles to a minimum.
Then my old habits reared their ugly heads.

It is time to get some things finished
and the piles out of my room.

"Under the Sea" needed quilting
and would be the quickest finish of the bunch.
It was quilted and bound over the last few days
and is off the table!




This quilt is the result of a mistake I made making
another quilt.
I love these kinds of mistakes!

 


The fabrics are "Calypso" and are
digitally printed.
I used a grunge dot for the background fabric

 


These colors are pretty true in this photo....
so vibrant and rich.

 


This quilt hasn't told me where it's going yet,
so will stay with me for a while.


 


There was a large piece of the focus fabric left over, 
so I pieced the backing.
Amazingly, it's pretty centered!


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun quilting on your Under the sea!!

Churn Dash said...

I don't even dare try to centre something on the back of my quilts using my longarm. I mostly try and make sure it is really not centred so that it doesn't look like I tried!

It's a beautiful quilt, intended or not. And kudos to you for finishing it.

Helen

Rebecca Grace said...

Nice job, Ramona!

Vicki in MN said...

The best kind of mistakes are those we can still use up and get a fun project with them! I am trying to get a few piles gone in my room also. I frankenstiened batting for 10 table runners so now to quilt them.

Julie said...

The extra fish quilt is fantastic and I love your quilting. What fun to have an extra finish.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is so gorgeous...what colours!