"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, August 23, 2019

Working on Another Pile

Years ago I bought a fat quarter bundle of
fabrics that are not in my normal color choices at all.
I don't remember why I bought them,
but I must have liked them at the time.

I made a quilt for a friend using bits of the fabrics
and she loved it, so maybe I bought the fabrics
for that particular quilt.
Who knows!




This quilt was made in 2011,
so I've had this pile of fabrics since then!


I decided something was going to be done to get these
fabrics out of my cabinet.
Out came my ruler and rotary cutter
and the cutting began.




The "go to" block for me is the
Disappearing Four Patch.
 I think this is the 8th one I've made with this block.

 


It's wild, chaotic, crazy and pieced together.

 


I'm going to use the left over fabrics for the backing
and get the rest of these out of my stash.

 


Someone will like this quilt....maybe.
Maybe it will make a nice picnic quilt.
Anyway, it's almost finished
and some mindless sewing was done to make the blocks.


Happy Quilting!
Even when it's ugly!
:D

11 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

The Disappearing 4 Patch is wild but someone will love it. I have only made a few blocks and can not imagine using it for 8 quilts. More power to you for your love of matching seams.

chrisknits said...

Love it! The fabrics are gorgeous! How big were the squares you started with?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a lot of fabric in my stash that I wonder how did it get there and/or why did I buy it? Eventually it gets cut up in small enough pieces that I don't even notice it anymore

Rebecca Grace said...

You are so funny — just because it’s not your favorite colors does not make it ugly! I think it’s beautiful! I think you should call it your Tommy Bahama quilt because it reminds me of those colorful tropical print camp shirts they sell for men’s “resort wear”.

Libby in TN said...

D4P is a great go-to pattern and so adaptable to different sizes of leftovers. One of our retreaters finished one made from large squares with a skinny cut for the lattice -- very effective.

Sara said...

I really love that D4P block too, and this reminds me that I haven't made one in quite awhile. It's time to use this pattern again.

Julie said...

Those are not my favorite colors either, but your disappearing 4 patch turned out wonderfully. I have a stack of blocks I am cutting and re-sewing that will be a fun quilt when I'm done with that pattern. It's such a fun and easy one. It's nice to get things out of the cupboards that are not our favorite. I know someone will love it!

Kim said...

May I say my heart skipped a beat or two when my eyes saw these beautiful fabrics. =) Yes indeedy, I think they are fabulous. Love how you have used these fabrics in a disappearing nine patch. LOVE this quilt!

Vicki in MN said...

I think that was the 'just right' pattern for these fabrics because it looks great now!

Needled Mom said...

……….and it turned out beautifully! That is a great go to pattern. It looks so complicated. You are really mowing through those projects. I am so inspired by your diligence.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Not my typical color scheme, but SEW not ugly!!!