"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Pink and Gray Baby Quilt

For those of you who follow my blog, 
you know that the title of this blog is not me.
I rarely make baby color baby quilts.
The brighter the better for me.

The daughter of a dear friend just had a baby
and I struggled with what design to use for the quilt.
I had come up with one design, but was not happy with my
drawing of the parts needed to make it.

Finally, I decided to make a quilt using this design
and use pinks and a gray... the colors of the nursery.  
The right pinks were few and far between in my stash,
so I had to go shopping.
Pink is not my favorite color, but I do like it with gray.

Here is what I made....




This design uses half square triangles and a few squares
and is very easy to make.



I did get one of the HST's turned by the heart
and had to use my seam ripper for that.
Not bad!



This heart kind of hides in the HST's
and I love that.

 

Now to get this quilted!


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday  and Monday Making today.

Happy Quilting!


9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Cool!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it turned out great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It turned out so great! Love the heart down there in the corner! its sweet!

Jayne said...

It's adorable! Pink and grey is a gorgeous color combination and I love what you did with this quilt!

Debbie said...

Totally cute quilt. I love your design and that heart is just perfect. Great job!

Rebecca Grace said...

I think it's adorable. Those super soft pastel colors for babies have been out of style for years; none of the new moms want those colors anymore and a lot of it has to do with the science. Now they know that with their developing vision, infants can only distinguish high contrast and the bright colors grab their attention much more than the pastels that everyone used to think of as "baby colors." Great job, and you deserve a gold star for working with a color that is not on your list of favorites in order to please the recipient!

Churn Dash said...

It looks wonderful and exactly what a modern mother would want for her baby.

Helen

Julie said...

This baby quilt is adorable! I love the color combination. What fun and thanks for the pattern link. I am sure you will have it quilted in no time!

straythreads said...

Great design love the heart with the zigzag rows and all those pinks