"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Woven Baby Quilt

Another baby quilt is in the works in
my Hidey Hole.
A mentee of my husband's and his wife are due next month
and are having a boy.

I've had this pattern for a while and had all of these
fun, bright prints and thought they would work well
with this woven design.

The cutting and sewing began and this top was made.




I wanted a polka dot background and found this
subtle white with tiny black dots.
It really works well with the bright prints.

 


Many more blocks can be made with the number of strips
I cut from the pile of fabrics.
That means another one of these will probably be in my future!

 


I think straight line quilting will work well with this one.
The backing needs to be pieced or found. :)

 
 
This one will go into the "to be quilted" pile.
This pile is getting rather large,
so some basting needs to be done soon!


Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute quilt!

Kim said...

Another fun and colourful baby quilt.

Julie said...

Super cute and fun and great colors! That is a great background. I have been struggling in the quilting department with too many house projects and other issues going on. I need to have a basting party too. I think that would give me the motivation I need!

Libby in TN said...

Great fabrics for that pattern! A very happy quilt.

Diane H said...

That's an adorable quilt in those fun fabrics that will be great for a new little boy.

Needled Mom said...

I love this. The pin dot fabric is perfect with all of those fabrics.

straythreads said...

Great fabrics the little one will love looking at those colors and prints.
Thanks for commenting on by blog, I have a sweater for every season.
Have a great weekend