"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 12, 2019

Cathedral Window Pillow

Over the past year and some I have made a lot of pillows.
This Cathedral Window pillow made from my friends ties
is my favorite.




This pattern is one of my favorite patterns to make
and it's so easy if you follow the


 


I was able to fussy cut a group of giraffes from one of the ties
and put them on the bottom of the pillow.


 





This backing fabric was in my stash
and would make a beautiful tie if it was silk. :)

 


This will be delivered to my friend very soon.
I like this so much,
I might have to make myself one!  


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Sara said...

I'm drooling over this one!! So beautiful.

Needled Mom said...

That looks fantastic, Ramona. I can see why it is your favorite.

Libby in TN said...

It truly glows just like a cathedral window!

straythreads said...

Beautiful!! the fabrics just sparkle and shine like real stained glass with the sun shining through.
My downfall in chursch looking at the windows espsecially on a sunny day and looking for all the mismatched pieces of glass.
Beautiful Well done!!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful and I love the black, it sets the ties off perfectly.

Kim said...

What a fabulous idea to make a cathedral window cushion from all those fabulous ties! Love the black fabric you used. It really makes all the little windows pop. Thank you for the link. I fashioned a cathedral window a couple of years and it was akin to torture. =) I wish I knew of this technique then. Your friend is going to love her beautiful gift. It is beautiful!

Churn Dash said...

What a wonderful use of the ties. The cushion is beautiful.

Helen