"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, November 28, 2014

Knitting Friday

Today is my family's Thanksgiving Day.
My oldest daughter and my goddaughter
both had to work  yesterday,
so someone would have missed out on dinner.

Since I wasn't cooking yesterday,
I was able to knit!

This pair of socks is finished.


They look funny... and really, really small,
but they will fit my sister.
I love using this yarn, but wish it had more on the skein.
 It's Schoppel Ambiente, color 2184... really soft and
lovely to knit.

My oldest daughter asked for new Maryland socks
for Christmas. (My youngest daughter is a Maryland grad.)
I decided to try my hand at knitting with two different color yarns.

I knitted the ribbing changing the color with every row
and didn't make a tangles mess at all!
I'm going to knit the body in black and add the red for
the heels and toes.
She has really tiny feet (size 1!!), so these shouldn't take long.

Please visit Patchwork Times to see what
others are knitting.

Happy Friday!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I don't think my feet have been size 1 since I was 2! I like your scheme for the black and red. I have a SIL who is a Maryland fanatic.

Judy S. said...

Wow, that really is tiny, but also means you get finished way quicker! Great socks!

Dar said...

I can't remember if I ever had size 1 size feet. You could make her 3 pairs from the amount of yarn it takes to make one pair for my big feet! I like the colors in these socks.