"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Design Wall

I give thanks to all of the
 Men and Women
who have given their lives
protecting our freedom.


memorial day image of american flag
(Image used from Memorialday-pictures.com)



On this Memorial Day
I don't have a lot to show on my
Design Wall.
Life has gotten in the way of my sewing!
I have been in my sewing room,
but doing things that aren't very exciting to show.

This Christmas Tree skirt is being quilted.


Sewing the backing and pin basting doesn't make for a very exciting
Blog post.  :)
Hopefully this gift will be finished by the end of the week.


I did get a few more of the
Scrappy Challenge blocks sewn.


Mine are small blocks....
4 1/2" finished.
I have more ready to be sewn,
as soon as I'm finished quilting the
tree skirt.

These are waiting their turn!
Please visits Patchwork Times to see what others are
working on today.

Happy Memorial Day
and
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Seems like the older I get the more boring days I have...I guess that all depends on how you measure boring. Looking forward to your exciting finished skirt!

Anonymous said...

Love your bright spool blocks! Have a wonderful Memorial Day, it is good to remember.

Cindy D said...

Stopping by to see Design Wall Monday projects. I love your spool blocks! At only 4 1/2 inches, your half square triangles must be tiny! They are perfect.
http://quilterintheloft.blogspot.com

Judy D in WA said...

Love the tree skirt and the bright spools are so fun!

Kate said...

Love your bright and colorful spool blocks. Hope you get some more time to stitch soon.