"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 12, 2014

It's Monday!

It's the beginning of another week!
Summer has hit here in Virginia
with temperatures in the high 80's
and the yard work is in full swing.

Hence....
not as much has gotten done in the
Sewing/Quilting Department!

Over the weekend I was able to finish the
top of the
Christmas Tree Skirt.


This pattern goes together very easily,
as long as the cutting of the wedges is
Accurate!
(Don't ask me how I know this!!)


This is going to be a wedding gift
(my tradition)
and needs to be quilted and finished by the
beginning of June.
Maybe this week I'll get it quilted??


Also this week I worked on my project
for my quilt group
and finished the top.


After Saturday I'll be able to show the whole top.

Please visit Patchwork Times to see other creations.

Happy Quilting!!!

8 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Christmas tree skirt is lovely, and I can't wait to see the whole top of your other project. That little bit you showed looks amazing!

Rhonda R said...

Your tree skirt is beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of your Dresden project.

Libby in TN said...

Super job! Isn't amazing how geometry works?

Kathie said...

Was this using the 9 degree wedge? That High Street fabric you saw on my blog came out last fall so don't know if any would still be the stores but I bet you could find it on etsy.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Great projects. Love that tree skirt. It's a great idea for a wedding gift.

Bonnie said...

Love that tree skirt. I have the wedge ruler and have made several tree skirts with it. Hum, I wonder where that ruler has gotten to. I don't think I've seen it since the move into the new studio. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole dresden quilt. I like what you've shared so far.

Anonymous said...

could you please tell me what pattern you used for the tree skirt. I would love to make one. thanks Wenda

Ramona said...

I used the pattern that came with the wedge ruler. I have the 10 degree wedge ruler by Phillips Fiber Art. It is a pretty easy Tree skirt to make.... as long as you place the ruler on the correct line before cutting! :( (I only made this mistake once.)