"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 5, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This week I have two projects on my
Design Wall....
One new project and one that I have been playing with for a while.


It has become a bit of a tradition for me to make
Christmas Tree skirts for
Wedding Gifts.

A family friend is getting married in the beginning of June,
so I needed to get going on the Tree Skirt.


I am a third of the way done
and am really pleased with how it is coming together.


This pattern came with the wedge ruler I am using.  
(The Ten Degree Wedge Ruler.)

I hope to make a table runner to go with this tree skirt.



My other Design Wall project is something I have been
playing with for a while.
I am not showing much of this because I think
I am going to use it for a quilt group project.


It sure brightens my Design Wall!

Visit Patchwork Times to see what others have on
their Design Walls.

Happy Quilting!

**Edit**
Is anyone else having a problem with receiving the email
notifications when comments are placed on their blog?
I have not been getting some emails of comments and, therefore,
cannot respond.  Also, I get an email saying my comments have not
been delivered via email to some bloggers.
  

12 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How pretty these dresden flowers are!! :)

Kathie said...

What a nice idea for a wedding gift and you are doing a wonderful job on it.

Libby in TN said...

Great idea for a wedding gift; I'm going to remember that. The flowers are looking good. The Kaffe (or Kaffe-like) fabrics are perfect for that application. Rats! I might need to add another section to my stash .....

Podunk Pretties said...

Love those Dresden flowers!

~Kris~ said...

What a great idea for a wedding gift. Love the Dresden flowers.

Marie said...

Tout est parfait choix des tissus ,design,impecable;
J'adore,bravo et bonne suite a ce merveilleux cadeaux
AmitiƩe
MC

Sue Daurio said...

I love those flowers, they would brighten up any room! Yes I had the issue with a few comments that were not coming through email. Not sure what happened but it appears as though I don't have the issue any longer. Not sreally sure what changed to fix it.

Chris said...

Both are just gorgeous. I love the flowers. So bright and happy.

Melinda said...

Love the dresden flowers - I hope we get to see the whole project sometime.

Cindy Quilts said...

Love the bright colors of the flowers.
I also love the idea of a tree skirt for a wedding gift. And, the one you are making is lovely. Lucky Bride and Groom!

AnnieO said...

Love the prints in the tree skirt! Fun tradition for a wedding gift.
The dresdens are really great flowers too--definitely bright and happy ones!
I haven't seen problems with emails but this morning I couldn't comment on a couple of blogs. It may be a Blogger problem, hopefully temporary.

Glory said...

I hope I get to see it Saturday at the Big Reveal!