"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Being tested....

I mentioned before that I am pretty much a 
self-taught quilter.
My mom began teaching me to sew when I was 8 years old
and since, I have made many, many garments, window treatments,
flags, quilts, etc.

Since I have taken very few classes over the years,
I am excited when I read or hear about a tip to make sewing easier.

Today I read a little tip on-line about ripping out seams.
The tip was to rip every 3rd or 4th stitch and then
pull the bottom thread right out.
I have always ripped each stitch.

WELL...
Here I am ... sewing the rows of the 
Christmas Tree Skirt
and....
You guessed it!
I had to rip out an entire row.
Then it was two more seams!
I have not had a sewing day like this in a
LONG TIME!
  
SO...
I tried my new tip
and
IT WAS SO MUCH FASTER!!

(This is why I don't pray for patience!  I don't want to be tested! :D)


No comments: