"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

First Baby Quilt

 The beginning of 2024 will be the known as the
Baby Quilt Era for me.

Between now and the middle of May,
I have 6 baby quilts to make.
One will be for my newest granddaughter,
who will arrive in May.
:)
 
The first baby is due at the beginning of February.
The nursery for this one will be navy, hot pink and gray.
While searching the internet for new ideas,
I came across this pattern called Radiant
by Bonjour Quilts. 

Several years ago I made two quilts
from the pattern Diamonds in the Deep
by Bonjour quilts
and loved making them.
They are very well written patterns.


I knew this one was going to be fun, too.


 
 
The top is completed!
The navy blue isn't quite as dark as it is  in the photos.
 

 
 
You can just see that it's a bit marbled, too.
 

 
 
This will be the backing fabric for this quilt.
Now to get it quilted!
 
One down, five to go!
 
Happy Quilting!




9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Another winner!

Debbie said...

Sew Perfect! Love this pattern. Great have more babies.

Kim said...

Stitching baby quilts are such a lovely way to spend time. It sounds as if you will be busy. This new one is gorgeous. Such a fabulous pattern and colours.

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, I love that!

Julierose said...

Whoa...that is a lot of baby quilts--but what fun to get them all together! Love the pink/black and that backing--so pretty nice work hugs, Julierose

kupton52 said...

Good luck with the other 5 baby quilts...I'm sure they'll be finished LONG before May. You're just about THE most prolific quilter I "know". :) The Radiant baby quilt is very pretty. I remember your Diamonds in the Deep quilts...Blessings...stay warm...it's cold and rainy here!

Astrid said...

You'll be busy making baby quilts! Love the pattern and fabric/color choices, so pretty.

Preeti said...

Baby Quilt Era is really the best! I hope you get lots of pictures of the babies modeling the lovely quilts. That is the best "thank-you" a quilter can receive. The navy and pink quilt is gorgeous. I love the modern vibe.

straythreads said...

Wow! Tummy time man got be more fun. Beautiful