"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Swimming Upstream

 I rarely purchase quilting magazines.
The price has gotten ridiculous
and a lot of the quilts just don't appeal to me.
 
This months issue of
however, had several quilts I liked. 

One quilt really drew my eye,
especially since I was given a stack of blue fabrics
left-over from a quilt a friend was making.
Before I looked at the name of the quilt
I thought this design looked like fish.


 
 
My version of "Swimming Upstream" is different from the magazines.
My borders aren't wide enough to add another fish block to them. 



 
 
This top came together in no time and was so relaxing to make.
I love making HST's. 
 
 

 
 
 
This was made as a donation quilt for the Veterans' Hospital
and will soon be taken to the ladies who quilt these.

Thank you, Holly, for your blue fabric pieces!


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love it! What technique do you use for HSTs?

Joyful Quilter said...

Great quilt, really like your background fabric - and all the pretty blues.

Vicki W said...

Yay! It's a perfect veteran's quilt!

straythreads said...

Beautiful colors and perfect name. I quit buying quilt magazines years ago when some quilt designers took over the fabric industry and all they were doing was pushing lines of fabrics anyway love the quilt

Vicki in MN said...

I don't even remember the last time I bought a quilt magazine. There are so many wonderful freebies online! Nice of your friend to give you those pretty blue fabrics and nice of you to turn around and make a donation quilt with them.