"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, January 22, 2024

Blue and White Twinkle Star

 Two years ago I was invited to join the
Gridster Bee, which is an on-line quilting bee.
Each month one of us is queen bee and we choose
a quilt block for the others to make for us.

It is one of the most fun things I've done as a quilter.
Each month is a new adventure and I have really 
been challenged by some of the blocks.

Last year my month was September
and I asked for blue and white
Twinkle Star blocks using
this tutorial.
 
 
 
 
 
 My bee mates came through with flying blue and white blocks!
I asked them to make two blocks each and I made the rest.
The photo below is a truer to the actual colors.
 

 
 
Some were so generous and made three blocks.
The amazing thing is there are no duplicates of fabrics
except from the same quilter.
 

 
 
These are all of the quilters who participated.
I could not love this quilt any more than I do.
 
My quilt was beautifully quilted by Jennifer at
 

 
 
This year my month is May and I need to start thinking of my block.
It will be hard to top this one!
 
 
I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.
 
Happy Quilting!

 
 
 


11 comments:

Kate said...

Twinkle Star is one of my most favorite blocks. Your blue and white version is gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Sara said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The block is such a fun one, and has become one of my Go To blocks.

kupton52 said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful...what generous and talented bee-friends you have. I noticed the blocks look really lovely on point as well. Can't say more----headed to the tutorial! lol....have a wonderful day and I hope you're staying warm...was 1 degree here this morning and everything still snow covered. God's beauty is everywhere around us! Blessings....

Libby in TN said...

Funny, I just came across my box of blue twinkle stars this week. Wish you had asked me for some! I have no idea what plan I had in mind when I made them years ago. I think I still have the inspiration fabric. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vicki in MN said...

I really like the Twinkle Star block so pretty and makes a gorgeous quilt that you will treasure for years.

Debbie said...

I love this quilt! Blue and white quilts are my favorite colorway. So fun how all those blocks made by your group came together.

Sarah Aldrich said...

What a wonderful gift that group is. I’d love to find one to join. The quilt is lovely, but the signature blocks on the back are the best.

Vicki W said...

That made such a pretty quilt!

straythreads said...

Another Wow quilt!! Thanks for the link. What a beautiful special quilt.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love it. What a wonderful group effort.

time4stitchn said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love how blue and white quilts have this special feeling about them.
I have made a couple and really like using all my blue scraps which is my largest assortment of fabrics. Your pattern is so pretty and how much fun is the Bee group. I rejoined Stash bee which is very similar. I particularly like that you have their signatures for the back.
Love all your photos! I can't wait to see what you will choose this year!