"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Shell Bouquet Quilt

 For years this Philip Jacobs fabric, Shell Bouquet, has sat in my stash.
I love it and just couldn't make myself cut into it.
Finally, it was time.
 
 
  
 
 

I need a few baby quilts for girls and thought this would make a sweet one.
Well, I started making blocks and cutting blocks
and got a little carried away.



 
 
 
This ended up being about  48"x64".
It's a little large for a baby quilt,
but would grow with the child.



 
 
At first I had white sashing and the pink cornerstones,
but that was just blah.
After consulting with my sister and sister in law,
we decided on the Tula Pink hexagon print.
 



The fabric has been used and I am pretty pleased with the outcome.
Now I just need to decide if it will be given to a baby or someone else.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I can see how that fabric would be hard to cut into. Looks great.

Vicki W said...

It's a very luxurious quilt!

time4stitchn said...

Your "baby" quilt just exudes JOY. Such happy bright colors that dance! A great application for a special fabric. And the Tula fabric really makes interesting sashing! LOVE IT!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely fabric! I like making quilts that can grow with the child. This will be perfect for a nap on the couch.

straythreads said...

I love the colors of that quilt! I can see how that was hard to cut it’s just too pretty beautiful

Anonymous said...

I just love it! Longer is fine because babies grow so fast. Nice job. Helps with another life’s for large prints. Thank you!!!