"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Butterfly Panel

 It's been a while since I've pulled something out of my
"cabinet of kits" to work on, so this week something else
came off of the shelf.

I can't tell you when I bought this butterfly panel,
but it's been a while ago.
One of my nieces loves butterflies and I bought this
to make a quilted wall hanging for her.
Thankfully, this panel was pretty square
and I didn't have to mess with it too much.


 
 

Borders were added to the panel, after some finagling and using math! 



 

The butterflies and dragonfly are so pretty in these colors. 



 
 
 
The inner border is part of the panel.
I added the dark blue and pieced borders and had planned on 
adding a last border, but it doesn't need another one.
 



The backing is made and will be quilted soon, I hope!

*******************

Guess what I got back from Rebecca Grace this week??!!
I sent my PacMan quilt to her to quilt and it arrived
back home on Monday.



The binding is being stitched down now and will be done soon.
I can't wait to see it finished!


 
 
I just love the pattern and thread she used.
 
More soon!
 
Happy Quilting!
 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Nice butterfly panel. Beautiful colors too. The Pac Man quilting design is perfect. Do you know the name of that design? The movement in it is great on that quilt.

straythreads said...

Wow you have been getting so much accomplished these days! I need some of your motivation. The quilting on the pac man quilt is perfect for the quilt. Butterflies are lovely

Rebecca Grace said...

That butterfly panel is so pretty, Ramona! Those watery teal colors remind me of the water off the coast of the Mediterranean... At least that's how the water looks there in the movies. I haven't ever seen it in real life. I'm excited to see that you're already binding your PacMan quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing your Final Reveal. Thanks again for choosing me to quilt it for you!