The panel and fabrics that have been in my "to do" cabinet
are all sewn together, quilted and bound.
This wall hanging will be given to my niece who loves butterflies.
I'm pleased to have another UFO finished and ready to gift.
In quilting this wallhanging, I got out a couple
of my rulers I had purchased over the years
and have a little fun with this one.
I was able to quilt the swirls in the border with the rulers.
This is something I need to make myself do more often.
There are many fewer UFO's on my shelf since I started
focusing on these in January. Hopefully by December the shelf
will be empty!
So then I decided to make some more tulip blocks
using the pattern one of my Gridster Bee mates asked us
to make for her and make a little wallhanging.
Maybe I shouldn't be sewing so early in the morning??
This is better!
The pattern for these tulips is from Center Street Quilts
and was so fun to make.
After I finished the butterfly wallhanging,
I pulled another pile of fabrics from my "To Do" cabinet.
I had purchased some of these fun ombre prints
a while ago and couldn't decide what to make with them.
Last month I saw the American Patchwork and Quilting
magazine and really liked the quilt on the front.
Usually I don't totally copy quilts I see,
but I really liked this one with the ombre fabrics.
These blocks went together pretty quickly and look so cool
with the ombre fabrics.
I'm making yet another baby quilt, so nine blocks will be enough.
I cut enough strips to make another nine blocks,
so may make another baby quilt to have on hand
or to donate.
Hopefully these blocks will be sewn together into a top soon
and become a finished quilt.