"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Dragonfly Baby Quilt Finish

 This top has been waiting patiently for me to quilt it.
I don't have a long arm and quilt smaller quilts on my
domestic machine.
It isn't something that I love to do and really need to be
in the mood before I begin quilting.
 
Yesterday was the day for this quilt.
Unfortunately, I was awake before 5am today
(thank you carpal tunnel syndrome!), 
so got up and finished this little quilt.
 
 

 

This is one I designed with leftover parts from another quilt.
The colors are all washed out in this photo,
but more true in the next photo.




I had fun quilting little dragonflies in the middle
and feathers along the edge.
One never knows how the feathers will look
from one day to the next,
but yesterday was a good day!



A backing was pieced from some leftover squares...
something I really dislike doing,
but does give it more interest.
 
 

This baby quilt is going to a dear friend of my daughters
who is due soon.
 
 
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice baby quilt - I heard today that I might need to be making one for late in the year and maybe two! sounds like I am going to be a great-grandma

straythreads said...

Beautiful love the way you quilted it
Happy mother s day

Vicki in MN said...

Your feathers look really nice!!

Annie said...

I love this little quilt! The colors and prints all look so nice together. Your design is fun. I did a little searching and found the quilted dragonflies. Your quilting looks awesome.

Needled Mom said...

The quilt design is great! I love these fabrics and your quilting looks fantastic. How did you manage with the carpal tunnel?

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt and I love the stacked feather quilting in the border.

swooze said...

This quilt is so pretty. I really love the movement your fabrics give this quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Great job on the quilting! I love the feather border and the way you quilted little dragonflies throughout the interior!