"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Brick Wall Finish

 I was procrastinating the other day and decided to
start quilting the Brick Wall quilt top
I had finished a bit ago.
 
It's not a big quilt, so I knew it wouldn't take me long
to quilt some swirls on it.
 After a few sessions of quilting and I have a quilted top.

 

 


I couldn't find a thread color that worked in both areas,
so I used a silver in the light area and a darker gray in the dark area.
 
 


Nothing fancy was quilted here...
just a lot of swirls and loops.
 
 


My least favorite part of quilting is piecing a backing,
but this fun text fabric was just not wide enough.
I have a pile of the bricks left and decided to add a strip
down the back.
The binding is another Kaffe print.
This quilt will be donated soon.


 
 
The words on here are so nice
and will, hopefully, make someone smile.
 
 
Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Prettiest brick wall ever! The brights and lights look really terrific. I’m sure I would not refer to your quilting as “nothing special”. It all looks awesome!

Laura said...

Look at all those Kaffe prints! Very pretty!

Debbie said...

Great job! It really looks nice and the back does, too. Love that text print. Hooray for a finish!

Vicki W said...

That is such a cool quilt! Someone will love having it.

Vicki in MN said...

Those of you that quilt on the domestic amaze me, since I never got the knack for it before getting my longarm. Great finish!

kupton52 said...

I'm so glad you finished it...I particularly liked this quilt from the time you first posted....and I'm STILL impressed by all that neat and even white border fabric! You are so talented! I want to be just like you, Ramona, when I grow up....but I have a feeling I'm already several years older than you....lol. Have a wonderful day and please keep sharing your beautiful eye-candy and inspiring posts. Blessings from WV.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my gosh -- MORE amazing KF fabrics! Now I am daydreaming about what other fabric treasures you have squirreled away in your stash! Lovely finish, I adore the backing print, and what a great pattern for showcasing all of those fabric prints!

Tamara G. Suttle said...

Exquisite!

Kelly said...

Such a beautiful bright quilt! You are such an inspiration.