"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, January 31, 2022

Progress on PacMan Quilt

 Someone asked me yesterday if I ever sleep.
Well, I was awake a little after 3am today
and decided to get up at 4am to make use of this awake time.


 
In the predawn hours I was able to get the last two sections
of this quilt sewn together.
The blocks had been sewn and trimmed, 
so the rows needed to be made.


 
I've been calling this the PacMan quilt because
the design reminds my husband and me of the old
PacMan game.
I doubt I keep the name, but it is funny.
 
Now the rows need to be sewn together
and the top will be finished.
This is one more kit from my cabinet that will be done!
 

 
After cutting the shapes with my Accuquilt,
I had all of these shaped pieces left. 
(Sorry for the blurry photo... my phone needed
a rest.)

One of my goals this year is to cut down scraps
as soon as I'm finished with a quilt top or project.
Hopefully my scraps won't overwhelm me if I can 
keep doing this.



I now have two piles of 3 1/2" squares to use in another quilt.

I am linking to Design Wall Monday today

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like it!! yes it does have a packman look - I remember that game

Libby in TN said...

Blast from the past! Warning -- cutting up your scraps and USING those scraps are two different things ... just sayin'.

Nann said...

The colorful bubbles are wonderful. Our heat goes down at 10 p.m. and comes up at 5 a.m. so no middle-of-the-night sewing for me!

Vicki in MN said...

I have been know to get up at those crazy hours too and prep/cut out for the days sewing! We have lots of sewing to do before our time is up;) The quilt is coming together nicely.

Churn Dash said...

A couple of years ago I bought a remnant of pacman fabric. It became a child's quilt and I wondered if they even new what it was! I can see exactly why you call the quilt PacMan.
Getting scraps under control is a never ending task!

Helen

Debbie said...

A very good use of your pre-dawn wake up. Fun to watch this coming together.

Sara said...

A fun quilt, and it does make me think of Pac-man.

Kim said...

You obviously get a lot of fabulous sewing done in the early hours of the morning, Ramona. Pacman is a fabulous quilt in progress. Yikes....all those curves!

Needled Mom said...

Middle of the night sewing is the best! I love your PacMan quilt. Great idea to cut those scraps right away.

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, this is spectacular!

straythreads said...

You find the coolest kits beautiful

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sandy said...

PacMan is the perfect name for your quilt. I would keep that name for sure. LOVE the colors, what a fun mix of colors. I love playing with color. You're making good headway.