"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, April 29, 2022

Finished Oriana Quilt Top

 Well, I never thought I would be posting about a finished
Oriana Quilt top this week.
The way I was struggling with this quilt at the beginning of the
week made me wonder if it would ever be done.
The fabric placement was quite a challenge,
but it finally came together and the
sewing part went very quickly.


 
 
This is the finished top!
(With the sides a bit cut off by the photographer!)
Oriana is a quilt pattern by Alison Glass
and measures 60x60" finished.


 
 
This quilt is made with strip sets and curved piecing.
Getting the curves to match and make a near perfect circle 
was also a challenge.
My seam ripper and I spent some quality time together!


 
 
I just love the Tula Pink Fairy Dust fabric as the background.
This one is ready to send off to my LAQ
and the fabric below will be the backing.
I had it in my stash, after purchasing it for another quilt.
It didn't go with that quilt when I put them together,
but it will look nice with Oriana.




Now I'll be sewing the binding down on my brick wall quilt.


Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Sara said...

It's beautiful, and you did a wonderful job on it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is very pretty - love all those striped circles

Vicki in MN said...

That was quick indeed!! Nice work Ramona!

Judy S. said...


WOW! That is one amazingly beautiful quilt.

Needled Mom said...

My mind hurts just thinking about fabric choices for this quilt! It turned out beautifully and that backing is so perfect for it. I can hardly wait to see it all quilted.

Libby in TN said...

Perfect backing!

Barb N said...

What a tricky proposition to get all those circles to be circles! I love it!

kupton52 said...

Looks great....not like you had any difficulty at all with those circles. The backing fabric is absolutely perfect for it. Well done!