"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, January 10, 2022

Patriotic Quilt Finish

 I have the first finish of 2022 and the first
quilt totally made in my new Hidey Hole.
The room is pretty much put together and 
I am thrilled.
I need to put up a peg board wall and my design wall
and that's it!
My quilting mojo is back now that I have a room to use again!


Back to the quilt...


This was a kit I had purchased long ago.
I don't know where, or when or why.
This is not my typical type of quilt to make.

The kit quilt looked like this...




I knew it would be donated, but it wasn't that large.
Vicki suggested donating it to the local
Veterans Hospital, but it needed to be larger.

When I decided to do this,
I added the borders.

What a difference they made in the overall appearance!



I decided to quilt it with a grid and get if finished.
It's been a while since I've quilted anything,
so easy was the name of the game.
 
 


It took an evening to get it quilted
and I worked on the binding yesterday
while it rained.



The binding strips had been cut for the smaller, no border version,
so I needed to add one piece.
I had enough of one of the fabrics used and added
that for a bit of a scrappy binding.
 
 

The backing came from my stash and used up all of the stripe
and most of the solid blue.


It will be washed and delivered to Vicki to add to the quilts they donate.


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Churn Dash said...

The borders really frame the quilt centre - serendipity.
It is a lovely quilt and will be cherished.

Helen

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great with the extra borders!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Some quilts really need borders to reach their full potential.

Vicki W said...

It's absolutely perfect! We are happy to pass it along to a worthy group of recipients. They go to veterans getting ports for chemo and we are told that they make a huge difference in helping to manage anger and depression with the patients.

Needled Mom said...

The borders really make the quilt pop. I’m so glad it will go to such a worthy cause. Do we get to see pictures of the new hidey hole?

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's an attractive quilt. Well done.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's a lovely quilt; you're right, that border reins it in and makes all the difference! I really like the quilting, perfect for that quilt. Well done!

Deb said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt. Using different star sizes really makes this special. This is a beautiful quilt for a veteran!