"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Kit #2

 After I posted my first quilt top finish for 2022 the other day,
Vicki suggested that, if the top is large enough,
I donate it to her quilt group that makes quilts for
the local Veterans hospital.

Well, the quilt top wasn't large enough,
so I added two solid borders.
I like it so much more now and will get
it quilted and sent to Vicki to donate.

Thanks, Vicki!


After adding the borders to the above quilt,
I went to the kit cabinet and pulled the next one to make.

This one is one I put together and have been waiting to make
it for some time.
My bestest friend LOVES sock monkeys.
Years ago I made her a sock monkey quilt
and have leftover fabric.
I knew that I would want to make a baby quilt
for her home when she became a grandmother
and the time is here!

Out came the fabrics,
along with my Accuquilt cutter
and the pieces are ready to arrange.
 
 
 
 
 
I had cut these triangles from scraps when I was putting 
all of the fabrics away, so they were ready to go.

 
 
 
 
 
Several of these fabrics I had placed in the bag with 
the cut triangles and the rest I pulled from my stash.



I love using the AccuQuilt to cut triangles
because it cuts notches and makes assembly very
easy and accurate.
 
 

 Now it's time to play!
I don't have a design wall yet,
so will need to use my design floor while
I'm watching college basketball this afternoon.


Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely finish on your donation quilt--the borders really add just the right touch, too.
That sock monkey fabric is a hoot!! :))) Loving my triangle cutter too...hugs, Julierose

Sara said...

The sock monkey quilt will be adorable!! And your borders on that patriotic quilt changed it a lot. Great job!

Libby in TN said...

Sock monkeys on pogo sticks! Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

Vicki W said...

I love the sock monkey fabrics. I made a baby quilt with them several years ago. This one looks like it will be fun to make.

Needled Mom said...

The larger quilt does look better. I’m glad you found a good home for it. Love the sock monkey fabric! It will make such a cute quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Someone let you loose in your hidey hole and look at you go!!! I really like the star quilt a lot with that navy border, makes the rest pop.

Debbie said...

Wow! You are making up for lost time. I really love the quilt addition of the borders as well. It accentuates the colors well and I really love your fabric pull for the triangles. Those sock monkeys are great and the colors are bright and happy. So cut for winter.

Sandy said...

Adding the nice wide boarder sure made your red, white and blue pop! It will be a perfect quilt to donate. Nicely done. The monkeys are sooooooooooooo cute. Nice choice of fabrics to go with it as well. Looking forward to see it progress.