"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Olivia's Quiet Book

 One thing I have wanted to make
even before I had a grandchild is a 
felt Quiet Book.
 
I'd seen these online and have looked at many
patterns and pages.
 
My granddaughter turned one on Dec. 27th and
it was time for a quiet book!
 
I found this pattern on Etsy and a friend
helped me cut the pieces on her Cricut.
(Boy did THAT save some time!)
 
Because life has been crazy
I didn't get working on this until this past week.
 
It is finished and ready for delivery!
 
In making this, I learned many things
that I will use when I make more pages as 
Olivia gets older.
 
I hope she likes this as much as I enjoyed making it for her.
 
 


These are the pages of her book.
I decided to put them into a book form
differently so the pages can be removed
and added to easily.
The tabs on the left side have big button holes
and I made a strap to go through those to hold the pages together.

Some pages have little activities on them
and others have crinkle fabric between the felt pieces
or beads to move.

I know buttons should not be used for little ones,
but these are sewn on so tightly that I'm not sure
I could get them off if I needed to.



The lady bug has a little lady bug on
a ribbon behind the zipper.
 
 


The bee is velcroed in place with little
things to find under the flower petals.



The beads move under the netting on the fish.



The owls wings move up and down
and there are things to find in his belly.
 
 


The apples are velcroed in place on the hedgehog. 



 The door on the mushroom opens
and the beads spin.


I have the next set of pages picked out to make
and these will have more advanced activities
as Olivia gets older.

Happy Birthday, Olivia!!

7 comments:

Annie said...

This quiet book is so eye appealing with the bright colors and large subject matters for the variety of activities. I know I’d love playing with it so I’m sure a child will delight in playing with it.

Rebecca said...

Love the colors and the activities....
Lucky grandbaby and lucky you!!!
Can you post the shop you found the pattern at?

Libby in TN said...

My great-grand, who will be 1 in March, loves the crinkly things and spinny things.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh how sweet that is!! Olivia will have so much fun investigating all the parts. Happy birthday to her🙂

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh! My!! Goodness!!! This quiet/busy book is the CUTEST thing ever! You're amazing; you know that, right?

straythreads said...

That is so cute! So very CUTE belated birthday wishes to Olivia

Ramona said...

I added a link for the pattern to the blog post.