"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

 I've read that whatever one does on January 1,
this will be done throughout the year.
(I made sure I didn't clean today! :D)

My hope for 2022 is that I get back into my sewing and quilting.
I have really missed the lack of creativity in my life this past year
and am excited about playing in my new hidey hole
and making new things.

That being said....
one thing that happens with moving
is one really sees just how much stuff one has.
As I was putting my fabric and things away in my
new hidey hole,
I really saw just what I have!



This shelf is crammed with kits I've made myself
and kits I've purchased over the years.
I had not idea I had this many.
One goal I have for 2022 is to get through these kits. 
Some will go together quickly and some will take some time.
There is a variety of designs, fabrics, sizes, etc. on this shelf,
so there should be something for just about any mood.


To start the year off, I chose the oldest kit in the bunch.
I don't remember where I bought this or really why I bought this,
but it's going to be a quick finish and it will get me started on my goal.
 
 


 The cutting and sewing has commenced
and I'm so happy.
My soul needed to be fed with some creative time
and playing with fabric.


May 2022 bring you good health,
many joys and lots of time sewing.


Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Elle said...

Well crap! I have dusted the house, cleaned all the glass surfaces as well as mirrors, and I decluttered 3 gallons of paper from my saved quilt photos, patterns, printouts that I've finally decided I do not need and/or will not make! As well, 6 purchased patterns that involve freezer paper, paper piecing and applique.....none of which I wish to learn or do. And lastly a Marti Mitchell feathered star template kit.

I best quit this crap and get to sewing......right? 🤣🤣🤣

Libby in TN said...

I did Swiffer the kitchen floor but let DH dust! We entertained five neighborhood couples at an open house and I would be happy to do it again many times in 2022!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I sewed and had a crockpot supper meaning I wasn't int the kitchen but for a couple minutes :) sounds good to me -- good luck with all those kits!!