"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Christmas Tree Skirt for My Niece

 Those of you who have been following me for a while
know that my go to wedding gift (when appropriate)
is a quilted Christmas Tree Skirt.

Two of my nieces were married before I started this tradition,
so I told both of them that I would make them Christmas tree skirts,
especially since neither of them has one.

Last year I found a layer cake and a pattern to make one niece
her tree skirt.
The patter, layer cake, backing and binding fabrics were all in a bag
in my "kit cabinet", so they all came out to play.

Here is the finished tree skirt!


 
 
 
This tree skirt went together so quickly
and used such a neat way to cut the various pieces
from the layer cake.


 
 
The fabrics all have some sparkly gold in them
and really makes the tree skirt shine.



This tree skirt could be reversible, if desired.
The backing fabric has a whole lot of JOY in it!!
 
 


This will be put away until the next time I see my niece.
A little Christmas in the early part of the year will be fun.


Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful tree skirt! I think that is such a lovely tradition, and probably really appreciated by the recipients.

Libby in TN said...

I love this tradition of yours! That pattern should be a keeper.

Needled Mom said...

I was wondering if you were making another tree skirt when I saw it on your design wall. It looks beautiful and the sparkle will be lovely under the tree.

swooze said...

Great tree skirt! Love that backing!

Annie said...

A beautiful Christmas tree skirt! I like the fun design. What a great wedding gift idea and to make it a traditional gift from you.

Vicki W said...

Oh, that turned out really pretty!

straythreads said...

So pretty!!!

Sandy said...

It's beautiful! So many wonderful fabrics. What a nice tradition. Mine tends to be a knitted or crocheted afghan; but haven't had a wedding in a good long while, so to date everyone is taking care of.