"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, January 29, 2021

Kaffe Hexagon Finish

 This little quilt was made from extra triangles I had cut
to make another Kaffe scrappy quilt.
I couldn't let these triangles go into the scrap bucket
because they may never see the light of day again.
 
 


I decided to leave the points at each end of the quilt instead of 
straightening the edges.
Binding these points was pretty easy since the inside angle
was not too sharp.
 
 
 
 
 

A simple corner to corner quilting was done.
I really like the white with black fabrics used for the
fill areas. I may have to do something like this again!
 
 
 


This one may be donated to Hands2Help,
but I need to measure it first.
 
Happy Friday, All!

Happy Quilting!

18 comments:

Turid said...

Oh wow, this is sparkling. I love that you left the edges like that. Congratulations on your finish.

hetty said...

Beautiful finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always have difficulty and frustration with binding if I leave it this and not cut of straight - well done!

Genevieve Gerrard said...

A very pretty quilt!

chrisknits said...

Lovely finish! The colors are so beautiful.

Sara said...

This is a beautiful use of those triangles. Great job!

Kim said...

What a joyous quilt. Those leftover scrappy triangles of yours truly dance, but then Kaffe's fabrics always dance. Another beautiful quilt stitched by clever you!

Libby in TN said...

Brave Girl to bind those points! I love it.

Patti said...

Beautiful someone is going to love it! You are very generous with you talents.

Annie said...

Wow, what a happy and delightful little quilt! I just love the two jagged ends! Awesome decision to finish the ends like that. You are wonderfully generous to donate this quilt. It surely will bring many smiles and good feelings to the recipient.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

That really came out nice. Once you tackle those odd angles for binding you realize that it is not going to be the fastest to tackle but it really adds so much to the finished quilt it is so worth that extra effort!

Vicki in MN said...

So nice that you had time to get these triangles used up right away. It will make for a great donation quilt.

Barb N said...

What a pretty quilt! I especially like the colorful binding!

Rebecca Grace said...

This is GORGEOUS, Ramona!! I never would have guessed that this was just "using up leftovers." Great job on the binding, too!

Katy Sweigart said...

I love this! Leaving the edges in a zig zag is the icing on the cake. Just beautiful!

Ramona said...

Testing

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I have only made 1 patchwork quilt for my mom and she loved it although i learned a lot by making it. I think i will try this. Thx for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It’s beautiful!