"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, January 3, 2021

First Kaffe Finish of 2021

 At the end of 2020 I pulled backing fabrics
and cut batting for four quilts that needed to be finished.
All of them were made with Kaffe fabrics. :)
One was finished at the end of 2020
and the second of the four was finished yesterday.

I pieced this top back in the summer, I think,
and love the grayish/purplish/tealish
Kaffe fabric with his prints.



 
 
This design is so simple, but so pretty. 
I love how it appears that you look back into
the quilt to see the print pieces.



I quilted the prints with feathers,
which you can't see very well.
The quilting should have been reversed...
feathers in the solid areas and
straight lines in the prints.
Oh well... 



This great fish print was in my stash.
I think I had bought it to make a bag that was
never made.
My husband said he likes the back of the quilt
better than the front.😊



The smallest of the three remaining quilts 
is finished.  Now onto the other two!
 
 


In the evenings, another Bucilla kit has come out to play.
These snowmen are just too cute!!
 
Happy Quilting!










7 comments:

Julierose said...

what a gorgeous finish on this Ramona;))) I love it--[that is a typical "husband" reaction around here too!! I mean really after all that work...hahaha)
That little Snowman Bucilla kit looks like fun--I've never made one...still embroidering along on my next to last butterfly...i am ready to begin something else after these...
I hope you are staying safe and healthy hugs, Julierose:()

Julierose said...

what a gorgeous finish on this Ramona;))) I love it--[that is a typical "husband" reaction around here too!! I mean really after all that work...hahaha)
That little Snowman Bucilla kit looks like fun--I've never made one...still embroidering along on my next to last butterfly...i am ready to begin something else after these...
I hope you are staying safe and healthy hugs, Julierose:()

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt! That's one of my favorite HST layouts.

Needled Mom said...

I love the newest finish. That fabric plays so well with the Kaffe fabrics. Your snowmen are so sweet too. Looking forward to seeing what it becomes.

Kim said...

Another gorgeous Bucilla pretty The quilt is beautiful. Jaffe fabrics always look a treat when playing together. The plain fabric is a perfect choice. Those fish on the backing are fabulous and such fun.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Love your newest finish! The fabric on the back is awesome and fun. On the quilting, for me every quilt is practice for the next quilt. I am sure when the light hits it just right those feathers will pop. I am ready to tackle my list of things I need to get done the next few weeks sewing and quilting wise. We went skiing yesterday so the only sewing thing I did was a sketch of the challenge project I need to get done by mid February.........I have had all year but waited till the last hour to start.......oh well.

Debbie said...

I just love how your Bucilla kits turn out. They are so eye catching with its colorful felt and sparkling sequins. I think they are so cute and admire all the time spent in completing them. And they bring back fond memories from years gone by.

Keep up the wonderful stitching.