"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Odds and Ends

 These past few days have been spent getting things that have been
languishing around here finished.

I've had this quilt on my design wall for a couple of weeks
and have been slowly sewing it into rows. 
I woke up at 4am today (😒) and decided to get this top finished.



This is another Kaffe scrappy baby quilt.
It was dark and dreary here today,
so the color in the photos is off.
You get the gist.
 
 


I used three different black on white prints from my stash 
for the fill triangles and love how they look with the Kaffe.



I am going to leave the points on the edge and quilt it like this.
Maybe I'll be brave (or crazy) enough to bind it this way, too.
We will see how much time I want to spend on it when it
comes time to bind it.


Two of my nieces, who are sisters, are due on the same day in March.
One is having her third boy and the other is having her first child.. a daughter.
The knitting needles have been busy making baby sweaters.



Neither has been blocked yet and both are waiting for buttons.
These yarns are so soft and cuddley!
 
 


For you knitters out there....
I had to save the sleeve stitches and pick them back up after
the body was completed. I used the same size DPN's as the circular needled
used for the body, but why do the sleeve stitches look smaller?
Maybe my knitting is tighter using the DPN's?

I didn't notice this until they were finished.
:(


These two hooded baby towels have been cut out and waiting
to be made. They were both finished today, too!

It has been a productive couple of days here in my hidey hole.

Back to Dinosaur land!

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have got a lot done here - I love that colorful quilt and the little sweater is so sweet

Deanna said...

4am is a great time to work on a great quilt. You had to feel better.

Needled Mom said...

Doesn’t it feel good to move those projects forward? The Kaffe is going to be beautiful. I’ll be looking forward to seeing how you bind it. I LOVE those baby sweaters. The color is so pretty too. The hooded towels will be put to good use! Very sweet too.

Vicki in MN said...

Cute cute sweaters! Did you have a pattern for the hooded towels? Did you use terry or flannel?

straythreads said...

What fun project the quilts Beautiful!! the towels fun!! and the sweaters sigh I have dome that too on sweater sleeves fortunately I caught that the knitting was tighter. That happens because when we knit a row and purl a row the purl rows are generally looser knit so I have gone up a needle size or 2 when I have knit a cardigan when I get to the sleeves. I read a pattern some time ago that used 2 different sized needes for the knit rows and the purl for that reason and I asked about it at a yarn shop and thats what I was told.
you are in a link in my blog post tomorrow.
stay healthy

Debbie said...

The sweaters are so cute...I'm not a knitter but really appreciate that skill.

Vicki W said...

I need to get my Go cutter out and cut a bunch of scrap veterans quilts. If you need buttons you are welcome to come and look through my big filing cabinet of buttons! I have a huge collection and would be happy to part with some.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

The binding on the baby quilt will take more time but in my opinion if you are giving it to one of your grandchildren very worth the extra effort. It is all about just taking it slow and getting the angle correct and then repeating over and over. I have done some strange angles for binding including a scalloped border and when they are done they are so wonderful.............I say go for it and just do a little at a time.

I have been very busy in the sewing and quilting but nothing I can share. I am working on a challenge quilt and the reveal is mid February so I am on a time crunch but making great progress. I am also trying to get a dress finished and sewing projects are really boring to look at during the in progress stage so nothing photo worthy there either.

Barb N said...

So my one question for you is: certainly you must have had a cup of coffee (or two) before being so productive at 4 a.m.? That would be my necessity, lol. I love baby quilts of all types. Congrats on getting some long lost projects finished!

Sara said...

It's always fun to make some special gift for a new baby. Those sweaters are so sweet.