"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, January 22, 2021

Dinosaur Hunt is Over

 This past week found me trekking through the countryside
looking for dinosaur parts and I found them all!
The blocks are finished and sewn into a quilt top.
 
This was made using Elizabeth Hartman's pattern and
fabrics all from my stash.
I have never made a quilt like this and really enjoyed the process.
It sure slowed me down, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  



I didn't have enough of one background fabric to make the
entire quilt, so I used a different background for each dinosaur.
The colors in the photos are off a bit,
but I love all of the greens.
 
 


After finishing the top, I've been pondering how to quilt it.
I'm leaning toward using a diagonal grid
or a straight grid, but we shall see.



These guys are pretty cute... for dinosaurs.
 



Hopefully this will be finished soon!

Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Oh this is fun! Your post title had mr singing a modified version of “Going on a Lion Hunt!” Gosh I miss my littles! I love your quilt!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

How fun! You must have enjoyed this because you just started it like last week. I like that the background is different on each dinosaur.

Sara said...

That is so cute! It will be adored by the recipient.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is adorable! I bet you have the perfect little person in mind for this quilt!

Needled Mom said...

I hope this doesn’t pop up as a repeat comment as the last one didn’t seem to go through. I love this. Your fabrics are spot on for the dinosaurs. This is such a fun pattern too. Well done!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your dinosaurs came out great! I think your use of different neutrals for the background fabrics makes it even better, because the dinosaurs aren't standing on the same plane. With all the same background fabric, it would look like they were floating around in the air. Have fun with the quilting!

straythreads said...

Such a fun quilt and sure to a little one favorite. I would quilt it with all over free motion leaves for the jungle look because I’m no good at quilting a grid to straight lines
Hope this goes through this time

Vicki W said...

That is so cute! I do like her patterns a lot.

Libby in TN said...

Love it! I have yet to try a Hartman pattern.

Vicki in MN said...

I think you made fast work of that considering all the small parts. I like variety of different backgrounds.

Kathy H said...

What a wonderful quilt. Beautiful green fabrics. And I always enjoy a quilt a little more when it has used up those much loved fabrics in my stash.

Debbie said...

Sew adorable! Just love how your dinosaur quilt is turning out...definitely keeping this pattern in mind for the future!

Kathleen said...

Darling quilt. Please post a photo after you quilt it. That’s the hardest part for me - deciding how to do the quilting

Anonymous said...

I love it, so cute

KathysKraftyKorner said...

That is really I cute quilt for a little boy. I have twin grandsons but they aren't quite two yet. I don't know if they even know what a dinosaur is. I know how much work goes to building and sewing a quilt. You are indeed an artist is the true sense. Well done.