"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 1, 2021

Next Baby Quilt

 I've mentioned before that I have two nieces,
who are sisters,
both due on March 3rd. 
One niece is having her third son and will, most likely,
not make it March 3rd.
The other niece is having her first... a daughter.
This nieces LOVES butterflies.
 
After I heard that she was expecting, but before I knew the sex of the baby,
I saw this kit on Shabby Quilts and knew I had to order it.
It would either be a baby quilt or a quilt for my niece.



It has been patiently waiting to be made for a few months.
It came out of the cabinet last week.



The middle section is done. It went together pretty quickly,
especially since I made it just as the kit suggested. 
Usually I change things up to make the quilt my own,
but I love this quilt just as it is.




Next is to make the praire points and add them to the 
outside border.
They are all pressed and ready to put into place.
 
 



I'm hoping to have this one done by the end of the weekend,
but we shall see. The quilting could take a while.



Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

straythreads said...

That quilt is so cheerful
You have been getting so much done

Libby in TN said...

You certainly are not a one-trick pony! I understand why you wanted to try this one. It's so pretty and fresh.

Kim said...

What's not to love about a garden of flowers and fluttering butterflies. =) Such a beautiful quilt filled with cheery smiles.

Vicki in MN said...

You are so fast girl! You must have machine appliqued all those beautiful butterflies.

Needled Mom said...

OMGoodness! That is adorable. She will love it.

Ramona said...

Testing