"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, December 31, 2020

One Last Finish

 Today is the last day of 2020 and I don't think
anyone will wish that this year could have lasted longer.

On this last day of the year,
I have one more finish in my Hidey Hole.
The quilting mojo has not been here recently,
even though I've been working on other crafty things.
Then this past week the itch started...

I pulled out a pile of triangles I had cut from Kaffe scraps
and started to play with them.
More triangles needed to be cut to add some more color
and fabrics and the neutral fabric was chosen.
 
After playing around with the pieces on my design wall,
this is what came to be.
 
 


There is something about triangle shapes that just draws me.
Maybe it's the simplicity of the design... I don't know.



My original thought was to add more rows to make the quilt longer
and have the triangles pointing down.
Then I decided that I like them pointing to the side.
 
 

I had this piece of Anna Maria Horner fabric in my
stash and it made the perfect backing.
Some simple straight line quilting was done
and the quilt is finished.
This will go in the donation pile.
 
 
While I was looking for backing fabric for this quilt,
I pulled backing fabrics for three other quilts that have
been waiting to be finished.
 
Making the backs for quilts is my least favorite part of quilting.
The backing fabrics were found and sewn together, batting was cut
and now these three quilts are ready for basting.




The thing that struck me with these four quilts....
(the three waiting to be basted and the one I just finished)
all of them have been made using Kaffe scraps!
I do have other fabric in my stash,
but these Kaffe scraps keep multiplying and NEED to be used!
 
 
 
And since I had triangles that didn't get used for the first
quilt mentioned in this post,
Another quilt is on the design wall.



 

 

I pulled some white with black fabrics from my stash for the
neutral places in this design and really like the look.
 
Maybe one of my goals for 2021 should be to use fabrics other than Kaffe!
(But they are my FAVORITE!!)
 
 
I pray that everyone has a blessed and joy-filled 2021. 

Peace be with you.

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

WOW, that was a quick finish! Happy New Year!

MaureenHP said...

I love your triangle quilt! I have one on my list for next year. We'll see if I get that far. My list is already longer than I can accomplish!
Happy New Year πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ May 2021 bring you joy and more beautiful quilts!

straythreads said...

Beautiful and you will hit 2021 withprojects ready to finish after you see that new baby
Happy new year

Vicki W said...

It's funny that you mention Kaffe scraps. A couple of weeks ago a local quilter died and her friend contacted one of our members to donate all of her quilting supplies. We got lots of batting for veterans quilts and piles of fabric that's been used for probably a couple dozen donation quilts. Most of it was Kaffe and the three quilters who have been primarily working with it are all tired of Kaffe for now.πŸ˜† But hopefully Pamela Smith is happy with what happened with her stash.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I really like your last finish of 2020. It is just fun and simple. I am sure someone will be very happy to receive it.
Looks like you have a good start for 2021 with the next 4 already lined up and well underway. Backings have been a stumbling block for me as well and that is one of my goals early this year to have all the backings cut and with the tops so I can get lots of tops quilted this year.
I think that using the fabric you love the most is not a bad thing at all because you do spend a lot of time working on projects and you should use fabric you enjoy to keep those projects moving and fun to work on.

Needled Mom said...

Great finish for2020. You can’t go wrong with those gorgeous Kaffe fabrics. Have a safe trip and enjoy that new baby.

Barb N said...

You're on a roll now to get those three quilts finished! Great way to start 2021 and to kick start your quilting mojo. Hope you realize there is nothing wrong at all with favoriting Kaffe :)