"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday

The ONLY good thing about cold weather
is....
I don't feel as bad about the time I 
spend sewing!
:)

This week I have a Finish
AND 
I dug out a quilt I started a while ago.

This past week I picked this quilt up from my
Long Arm Quilter and I finished sewing the binding
on it Sunday afternoon.


My Christmas "Blind Man's Fancy."
I might call this one "Christmas Fancy."
 

This has to be near the top of my
favorites list.
And to think I was about to give up on finishing it!


The quilting is difficult to see, but my quilter did a
WONDERFUL job on this quilt.

I will put this away to use at Christmas.


Now I am continuing the work on a quilt I started a few months ago.

A quilting friend of mine, Linda, has made some
BEAUTIFUL green and purple quilts
and this inspired me.
I found a pattern I really liked in
 Edyta Sitar's book, 
Friendship Triangles
called
"Garden Path Quilt."

I thought this would be so pretty in purples and greens,
so the collecting began.

Here is what I have done so far...


 
A little over half of the blocks are finished,
but I am deciding if I'm going to make it large enough
to fit on a queen sized bed. 
This would look GREAT in my guest room!

Please visit Patchwork Times to be inspired by the
beautiful quilts
and
Happy Quilting!




4 comments:

Gayle Bong said...

i'm lovin your purple and green quilt. Now I have a reason to go buy more purple. Thanks. ;-D

Beth said...

Love it

~Kris~ said...

I love your Christmas Fancy. The fabrics are gorgeous and blend together so well. I think that I need to make one with those colors. Nice job.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! Your Christmas Fancy sure does take my fancy! :) It's gorgeous!!! I love your purple and green quilt too. I made one in those colors for my sister a few years ago and it turned out smashing!