"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 3, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Last week at this time I had the
blocks for this quilt about
half done.
I thought about stopping there,
but...
I had all of the pieces cut
and what would I do with those?

So...
I persevered and here is the 
Completed top!


This quilt is from
Jo Morton's book
"Coming Home."
One of my LQS's had it made up and
I loved it, so I purchased a kit.


This was a humbling quilt to make.
For some reason I had difficulty
matching points and getting things even.

I also did not like the large beige outer
border on the original quilt,
so I just stopped after adding the 
narrow borders.

I will send this to my
Long Arm Quilter
and have a new quilt at
Christmas!
Yay!!


Visit Patchwork Times for some
quilty eye candy!

Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

Julie in GA said...

So pretty! I love the fabrics in this quilt. Nice work with all those triangles.

Sue Daurio said...

That's a great quilt, love the greens you have in there, so vibrant.

Judy Hansen said...

This quilt is on my ever growing list of quilts to make. I love yours, and I agree about the outer border. I like it just as you have it. Well done!

Teri said...

Love this quilt. That is a lot of half squares to match up.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and would make a fantastic Christmas quilt with those colors :)

Unknown said...

Love it! Hope you bring for Show and Tell.

canuckquilter said...

Looks lovely! I can imagine all those points kept you on your toes but in the end everything looks perfect from here.

Anonymous said...

very pretty and the points look great! I like it ending on the darker borders too. Great job!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Any trouble you had with points certainly doesn't show in this quilt. You did a really great job with it! I was in Jo's Little Women club for several years and learned a lot. She writes a good pattern!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. Any troubles you had don't show up in the pictures!

Gayle Bong said...

Oh so pretty. I recognize it from the book. Maybe it should go on my short list. For as much as I am loving my kits, I am now thinking I ought to buy kits instead of make my own if I come across one so pretty. Thanks for visiting.

Quilting Nonnie said...

Well that is beautiful! Those blocks are a lot of work. You did good. I just wandered over from Quilting Nonnie where you left a comment on my blog. I guess we were both Christmas minded today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Glad you finished it. This is wonderful!

Dar said...

Your quilt looks perfect to me. The colors are great and it will be a lovely Christmas quilt. I have never done a Jo Morton pattern, but now I might have to check into it. I'm leading toward more simple patterns these days and not the humbling ones, but I do like to make HST.

Teresa in Music City said...

Gorgeous!!! I love quilts done in Christmas colors :)