"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This weekend didn't allow for much
Sewing Time,
But I did make use of what I had.

Friday night was an away basketball game
SO
I had three hours of sewing time while I listened on the radio.

This is what I completed in that three hour time frame!


My "Mardi Gras" quilt top is sewn together!
(Thank you, Gloria, for the name!)

For me not being a "purple person"...
I love this quilt top.


Now for the borders...


I'm playing around with this border design,
but am not sure that I like it.
Is it to busy?
Maybe I need a solid border in between these borders.
I'll keep playing....


This week I do have a finish!!

My Little Christmas Quilt is Finished!



I machine quilted this mini,
but machine quilting is NOT a strength of mine.
I need practice, practice, practice!
Love the colors in this one.

Visit Patchwork Times to see what others are
working on this week.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Marie said...

Quel beaux ouvrages!
je ne saurais dire lequel est le plus beaux?
Les coloris du violet sont superbement assortis,jadore les deux.
Douce semaine
MC

Libby in TN said...

I love scrappy when it's controlled by color. Beautiful quilt. Border might benefit by a solid break, but it's nice as is.

Anonymous said...

Your color choices are stunning. the Christmas item has a balance and joy that definitely say Christ-mas.

Mary said...

Both quilts are gorgeous! I like the border the way you have it.

Beth said...

The quilt top is breathtaking. I love the fabrics and color. Applique is my favorite technic. I think your machine quilting looks very nice. I am trying to get over my fear of it.

Nann said...

The Mardi Gras quilt is so lively! And the applique project looks great.