"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, November 15, 2019

To The Moon and Back

My oldest daughter and I love the saying
"Love you to the moon and back".
Last year I was in a quilt shop near Charleston, SC
and saw this kit using a panel with this saying.
I'm not one to use panels,
but I thought this was so cute.

This past week I decided it was time to get this finished.
It went together so quickly!




Everything needed to finish this quilt was in the kit.
 I just love the outer border fabric.
Polka Dots!!

 


This panel was such a nice one to use.
It was not wonky at all
and went together with the borders so easily.

 





Flannel was included for the backing.
It's being washed as I type and will given to E
when it comes out of the dryer.

Quick and mindless finishes are fun!

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is cute - I've always had a thing about panels and never used them but just saw a cute one the other day on line that I ordered to make a winter panel quilt for the children's area of the library, should go fast.

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so cute. I love the colors and the fabrics in that kit. Miss E is going to be thrilled with it.

Rebecca Grace said...

That's adorable! What a sweet panel project for a precious little one!

Libby in TN said...

Love that saying. And that is a very tasteful panel.

Kim said...

This quote has always been a favourite with me and my two daughters, too. This is a sweet and beautiful quilt, Ramona. Love the pretty panel and as for the fabulous polka dot border fabric, it is a perfect fit. Such a special quilt filled with much love.

chrisknits said...

It is adorable!! Perfect for you to make and your daughter to have.

kupton52 said...

So, so sweet. I bought the panel last year on ebay but haven't used it yet...seeing your kit inspires me to go ahead and use it. I bought it with my granddaughter in mind...but now I have 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! lol.....Thanks for the inspiration....E will love it!

Julie said...

What a fun, sweet, cute quilt! It's great to have an easy finish that will be so loved by the recipient.

Fabric Fanatic said...

Is there a pattern for your plaidish quilt? I really like it and it is really a scrappy one. I'd like to try it.