"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, November 8, 2019

Scrappy Plaid-ish Quilt

Well, after ironing and cutting a pile of scraps,
the blocks are made and the quilt is on my wall.
Well, all but the bottom two rows!
This is a large quilt!




This quilt pattern is "Plaid-ish" and can be found here for free.
I don't use a lot of dark fabrics in my quilting,
so the contrast between the darks and mediums
isn't as good as I would like it to be. 




The "Plaid-ish" look still comes through, though.


I have enough scraps cut to start another one and may
either need to find lighter mediums or darker darks.

The rows will be sewn together soon!


My older daughter and I have been participating in 
art classes with the ARC group in our county.
We've had fun doing things that we would not ordinarily do.
My daughter is especially enjoying these classes.
The teacher is excellent and has found things for all
of us to do that look good no matter who is making them.



This week we made mosaics.
E did a great job on her Christmas tree!


My snowman needs a hat.
I decided, while this was fun,
I'll stick to quilting!


The Sea Life ornaments are finished!



Mr. Turtle was the last one to be made
and he is so cute!



Here are all six from this particular Bucilla kit.
I need to add the hangers and they will be ready to hang.

Happy Quilting and Creating!

6 comments:

straythreads said...

Scraps look great! The mosaic look fun to do great place for odd buttons
Beautiful ornaments are you doing a special theme tree this year

Needled Mom said...

Those scraps really do have a plaid design to them. I like it.

Emily looks like she really enjoyed her mosaic tree. That a great idea.

Your ornaments are just gorgeous. Are these for gifts?

Vicki in MN said...

What a fun filled post you have today! Love that Plaidish quilt! I just bet E had a blast making her tree, so much fun! I knew the snowman had to be yours before I read it:) I will just call you the queen of felt and sequins!

Kim said...

LOVE your Plaidish quilt, Ramona. Love all those scrappy squares! How fun those mosaics are. Emily's tree is fabulous, as is your snowman. I agree with Vicki above.....you are most definitely the queen of felt. =)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your Plaidish quilt looks super!! Seeing yours reminds me I started cutting one out, also, and got sidetracked with deadlines. You and Emily made such cute mosaics!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Plaid-ish is looking great and your daughter looks THRILLED with her artistic endeavor!!