"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 11, 2019

Canyon Dance Top is Finished...

... and it's ready for the quilter.

This quilt is for my daughter and son-in-law.
They will be here for Christmas and I think I'm
going to have it finished by then!!



I just love this pattern.
This is the fourth quilt I've made from it
and this is the largest... queen size.

 



The backing is pieced and needs to be ironed.
I'm hoping to drop it off tomorrow for quilting.


This morning and friend is coming over to play.
We saw a quilt at a quilt show we went to in September
and both really want to make it.

I pulled a lot of my Kaffe fabrics from waaaay back
in my cabinet and began cutting yesterday.
Some of these fabrics have been in there for a long while.

 


Hopefully this pile will become something fun very soon!



As I was cutting the 8" strips I need for this new quilt,
I cut the scraps into usable strips instead of throwing them into my
scrap bags.  Maybe these will be made into something else soon??


Another Bucilla kit was started, too.
This is a new ornament kit and is rather fussy to make.
Both sides are the same, so there are a lot of pieces to stitch 
for one ornament.
This one was already gifted.
It went onto a bridal shower gift.


There are five more to make... all different.

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!!

12 comments:

Katy Sweigart said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! Curves scare me, but you seem to have them mastered. Beautiful work.

Sara said...

It's a stunning quilt. They will love it.

Debbie said...

Cute ornament...great idea to give one as part of a gift. Love the finished look of the curvy quilt...Yummy.

Kim said...

Oh wow, the finished quilt top is gorgeous Ramona. I love all the beautiful fabrics. I love the movement in this quilt. Gosh you are clever. Oh to have a day and play with all those Kaffe Fasset fabrics; playing of the very best kind, I should think. Have a wonderful day with your stitching friend. I cannot wait to see the results of your playing.

Churn Dash said...

Fabulous quilt top.

The ornament will surely be well loved.

Helen

Needled Mom said...

I love this. The colors are just wonderful. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that great pile of Kaffe fabrics. Love the new ornament too.

Vicki in MN said...

Yup, we are going to officially dub you the Canyon Dance Queen;) What a beauty! Love all things that have red trucks!! I ordered a panel from JoAnns with a red truck. Hoping it gets here soon.

straythreads said...

Wow the quilt top is gorgeous. Isn’t it fun to pull things out of the stash for a quilt and then to use it up! Can’t wait to see what you do with it. Love the little truck
Stay warm

Julie said...

I got caught up on reading your posts. All your ornaments are fabulous! I think I got overwhelmed when I was working on one due to the sequins! I love your Plaidish quilt. I cut up some of my scraps as I go, but when my bin gets full I give them to a friend! I need to do that again. I have a "million" 5" squares it seems. I need to make a decision on those someday. Your Canyon Dance is fabulous as always. A friend at the retreat this past weekend and I were talking about Canyon Dance and I showed her your blog. She has borrowed my templates and made one and wants to do another.

Julierose said...

What a striking quilt--so lovely--I like the movement a lot--perfect title..
beautiful work hugs, Julierose

Preeti said...

Canyon Dance is a spectacular finish. Absolutely worth dancing for :-)

Christina said...

Your finished quilt top is gorgeous! I love the colors, and the fact you only have to match the squares when you put it together even better! The ornament is cute! Yes, those kits have a lot of pieces, but I think the end product is so worth it.