"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 25, 2019

I Like Where This is Headed!



A few weeks ago I showed a photo of a fabric pull I had done
to begin a new quilt.
Those who have been reading my blog for while know
how much I LOVE Kaffe and Polka Dots!


This is a bit of the Kaffe I started with for this new quilt.

Now, first, I need to show a photo of the pattern I'm using.
No offense to the pattern designer,
but if I had seen the photo of the pattern first,
I wouldn't have given it the time of day.


This is not me.
Dark and kind of drab.

What caught the eye of my friend and I
was a quilt made from this pattern in Kaffe and polka dots.
We knew we had to make that version!

The fun began....



I have a TON of Kaffe and loved pulling it out
to made the blocks for this quilt.



The quilt we saw used just 8 Kaffe prints,
but we went scrappy.
Between the two of us,
we had enough prints to use only a couple twice.


Making the blocks required the use of the
Spider Web ruler by Creative Grids.
The Kaffe pieces were cut into triangles
and the polka dots were cut into kite shaped pieces,
both using the ruler.



Here is one block of the quilt.
I did put all of the pieces on my design wall
to distribute the colors and not have
like colors together before seweing
the blocks together.


Now that the blocks are sewn together,
borders will be added.
These blocks are really brightening my Hidey Hole
on these gloomy days!


Today I'm linking to Design Wall Monday
and Monday Making.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Nann said...

You are so right -- the original colorway for that pattern is blah. Your version is so lively! And what a great way to showcase those can't-bear-to-cut-them Kaffe prints. The black/white dots are ideal. (Are you familiar with Freddy Moran's quilts? She uses b/w to accent busy bright prints.)

straythreads said...

Beautiful
Have a great week and thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

J’affectionne Fassett is one of my favorites too! And your quilt is just gorgeous! Ha! I see what you mean about the quilt photo with the pattern. I might have passed it up for the same reason as you.

Michelle’
https://bijoubeadboutique.com

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the polka dot background! Yes, I much prefer your version, too!!!

Libby in TN said...

Nice use of Kaffe fabrics. The polka dots give them some breathing space.

Sara said...

LOVE IT - that polka dot is just perfect with the bight happy Kaffe fabrics. Wow!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

I like your cheerful Kaffe Fassett version better, too! If I wanted dark and dreary, I'd turn on the news... Don't need any dark and dreary fabrics in my studio!

Julie said...

I am like you, that pattern would not have grabbed me at all. However, your quilt is GORGEOUS! I love the Kaffe fabrics and I adore polka dots. I have not used that particular ruler before, but what a fun quilt in bright fabrics.

Vicki in MN said...

It's the truth we don't all like the colors a designer might use, seeing samples made up in various fabrics can really help us out. She is the designer for the crazy tree runner I like making and uses that ruler too.